November 1, 2012

PREVIEW MMM X H&M

I was invited to the preview of Maison Martin Margiela for H&M this afternoon. Welcomed with a white notebook with MMM logo and a matching white pencil. It was an upclose & interesting experience with the most anticipated collaboration of the year. From feeling the fabrics to trying on my favorite pieces in the all white fitting room. Every piece is a re-edition of MMM signature/iconic styles from the last 23 years since Maison's founding. MMM's key aesthetics approach are Shape & volume, Oversized, Process of tailioring, Ambiguity and Transformation. MMM's color anatomy goes along the colors of white, black, red, nude and silver. It is indeed a unique opportunity to work with H&M to create something special for all. In a new perspective.

I also liked that they had it labeled on each garment so that you know which season/year it was manufactured. All retail prices ranging from SGD $17.90 - $549. It is considered reasonable for die-hard fans of MMM like myself. Even the menswear were looking good. 
Below items in clockwise direction: 
Leather bracelet // SGD59.90
Enlarged keyring bracelet // SGD 79.90
Enlarged keyring necklace // SGD 99.90.
Hand painted loafers for men // SGD 299.90
Below here is a drawstring bag to package the enlarged watch frame bracelet. Again, showing you the year/season this design was created.
 
Below is a Mens faceless watch bracelet // SGD 79.90
Up-side down handbag // SGD 199
Boots with Plexi heels // SGD 449
These invisible heels were very comfortable even though they were not my size. 
Plexi was not heavy at all. 
Candy wrapper clutch which most girls are eyeing on. It has a long zipper at centre and with soft metallic synthetic material. 
About the size of two laptops perhaps. Ticket price // SGD 99.90
Painted jeans // SGD 159
Shoes were obviously not my size. Too big on me! 
This is a horizontal worn dress that comes in two colorways - blue and black. 
It took me a while to figure out how to wear the sleeves. Not the usual way of wearing a typical shirt dress with puff sleeves. Fabric was great and so was the silhouette.
Ridiculously oversized for me. The coat will carry me when I run in my louboutins. Not the other way round. Lol. But great piece to own. 
Lining dress with a black jacket ensemble.
I accessorise it with a hair lock necklace in black.The necklace is also the lowest ticket price item in the entire collection. 

This is probably one of my longest post on my blog. Tongue-in-cheek!

Post a Comment